Did you read this year`s Global Climate Report and instantly wonder what you could do to help fight climate change? Ductor, a global biotech company, has recently commissioned its first commercial facility in Mexico and is constructing and developing various other projects worldwide.
Ductor is on a mission to make waste-generating activities more sustainable while solving global challenges, and it is currently offering a rewarding full-time position within its Technical Development practice area. If you are interested in diverse challenges and important work mitigating climate change, read more and apply now!
Director, Technical Development
Ductor is focused on the organic fertilizer and biomethane sectors. It delivers sustainable solutions for waste management and creates a circular economy. Its goals are to fight climate change, produce renewable energy, and re-use nutrients for organic, renewable fertilizer. We do this with our revolutionary technology, which recycles nitrogen from organic waste prior to use in a biogas plant.
Ductor was founded in 2009 in Helsinki, Finland. Today we operate globally.
As our business expands, we are looking for a Technical Development Director to join our EMEA team.
This position will support all European project developers in site evaluation, design, and permit preparation. It will have support from the Ductor Process Engineering Department and play a coordinating role between non-engineer project developers, in-house and third-party engineers, and local permit experts.
The Dir. Tech Development will evaluate early project opportunities from a technical perspective and to review possible sites for Ductor projects, and assess the feasibility of placing a Ductor facility on the site with the support of the Ductor process engineering team.
- Managing the transition of a project from developer to project manager and assist in the identification and early vetting of EPC contractors for projects.
- Manage the transition of a project from developer to project manager as the project nears commencement of construction
- Assist with providing due diligence information to potential project finance investors
We are looking for an ambitious person and a talented problem solver with relevant technical studies as well as knowledge of and genuine interest towards Technical Development.
An understanding and analytical attitude towards business development and its importance for company success as well as eagerness to learn new things are some of the key features of our future colleague.
We require you to have:
- 2-5 years of experience in construction project management/projects or experience within engineering/construction projects
- University degree in engineering
- An open-minded and target-oriented attitude as part of your DNA
- Good technical understanding and hands-on approach
- Willingness to travel, mostly within Europe
- Very good command of both written and spoken English, Finnish knowledge is a big plus
We consider as an asset:
- Previous experience in international organizations
- Available for immediate or prompt start
Ductor can offer you:
A versatile and interesting assignment in a growing company, where you will be able make your mark in the development of the company. Besides offering versatility and something of great interest, Ductor offers you a truly meaningful assignment in the fight against climate change; you will get to be in the frontline to solve global challenges with interesting products and motivating and knowledgeable team. Last but certainly not least, Ductor offers you countless of opportunities to learn, develop and grow.
Sound like you? Please submit your application letter and CV to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention your salary request and possible starting date in your application documents.
Starting date: Negotiable / Available for immediate or prompt start
Location: First 6 months introduction in Helsinki Finland, afterwards possibility to relocate either to Switzerland or other countries in Europe (Italy, Poland, Norway, UK/Ireland).
Application deadline: 15.12.2019
You can familiarize yourself with Ductor on our homepage: https://ductor.com/.
For more information about the recruitment process:
Ms Arja Frejborg, Head of HR
phone: +358 40 1433 954