Ductor is a global biotech company that is changing the world through groundbreaking innovation, design, and the circular economy. Our ambition is to fight climate change, produce renewable energy, and solve the increasing food demand and waste accumulations challenges. Ductor was founded in 2009 in Helsinki, Finland. Today we operate globally in North America, Europe, and Asia. One day we’ll be everywhere.
That is what we do. That is why we are here, come and join us.
As Ductor’s business expands, we are looking for a
Plant Manager for Site in San Juan de los Lagos, Jalisco, Mexico
We are looking for a Plant Manager for our pilot facility in Mexico to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant to ensure policies and procedures are followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
The main responsibilities are Operations Management
- Coordinate and assist in developing operations expectations and goals with the operations and engineering team.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities necessary to achieve the agreed goals and expectations through the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures.
- Supervision of plant operators, as well as service, maintenance and calibration technicians, contractors and others in the work necessary for the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Lead and ensure continuous monitoring and inspection to ensure optimal operating conditions. Report results and measurements.
- Promptly report problems and changes to operations needed to achieve goals.
- Maintain all equipment and tools safe, organized and in good condition.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment, machinery and tools.
- Develop and follow safety protocols for all operations, ensuring compliance with local regulations and company policy.
and Projects for improvement or expansion at the site
- Assist the engineering and development teams in the local activities needed to execute improvement or expansion projects at the site.
- Arrange for quotes, approval of quotes and payment for work to be executed by contractors or suppliers.
- Oversee and manage the daily construction and installation process, ensuring the schedule and design requirements are met.
- Coordinate expectations and tasks between design/engineering teams and local partners, suppliers and/or contractors.
- Regularly report the progress of the construction/installation, including changes to the schedule/expectations.
- Assemble or coordinate the execution of drawings, sketches, or any other required tool to communicate installation/construction tasks as needed.
Responsibilities also includes Laboratory Management and Logistics Coordination
- Conduct and / or supervise the laboratory tests necessary for process control.
- Report the results
- Keep the laboratory equipment calibrated and in good condition
- Coordinate the order, payment and delivery of necessary supplies and products, as well as sample and product shipments.
- Build and maintain a database of suppliers, contractors, service technicians and other related companies.
- Other relevant duties as requested.
We are looking for you with
- Fluent or advanced skills in English and Spanish
- Proven work experience as a plant manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with biogas, waste water treatment, energy generation or other similar industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Degree in Engineering, Biotechnology, Operations, or related field. Specialization in business management a plus.
We offer you an interesting and versatile assignment in a growing and international company, where you will be able to shape to yourself a key role in developing next generation biogas technology. You get to be in the frontline to solve global challenges with interesting products and a motivated and knowledgeable team.
Our future Plant Manager reports to Ductor’s COO.
Do you want to join our force in fighting climate change? Please submit your motivation letter and CV in PDF-format by latest on the 14th of February to email address HR@ductor.com
Starting date: Negotiable / Available for immediate or prompt start
Location: San Juan de los Lagos, Jalisco, Mexico
Application deadline: 09.02.2020
For more information about the job details:
and more information about the recruitment process:
Ms Arja Frejborg, Head of HR
phone: +358 40 1433 954